Groups Heralds (and ex-Group Heralds) – at all levels, I have a mission for you.
As you should know (since I’ve said it enough), the Roster of Heralds has been revamped. It should have the most up-to-date information and yet I know it is not accurate. I can’t fix it without data, however, and this is where you come in. Please go to the roster and make the following checks:
- You should find yourself listed in the Complete Roster. If your name is not a link, but you have received an award (and therefore have a Canon Lore entry), please let me know* so that I can update the roster. If you have a device registered and it’s in the Lochac Roll of Arms and you don’t have a shield next to your name, please let me know* so that I can update the roster. If you are not on the roster at all, please complete the Roster Details Form so that you can be added.
- Check your office (or the office you’ve left) and ensure that the correct name is recorded (either you or your successor as necessary). Why am I asking ex-officers? If their successor isn’t on the roster they might not know they need to be (and might not have subscribed to Blazons, and might not see this message). If the incorrect name is listed, please let me know. If the correct person isn’t on the Complete Roster, encourage them to complete the Roster Details Form so that they can be added.
- Group Heralds should have an email icon next to their name in the officer lists. This means that I have an office email address for them (such as herald@[group].lochac.sca.org). If you do not have one, I do not wish to put your private email address up (and besides, it will change when the office holder does). Please contact your seneschal to set up an email alias, so that address can be used for the office (which then gets changed in the seneschal’s database when the officeholder does). If you have problems getting this done, let me know – I can do it, but would rather not. I would need to know the address to send it to.
Beyond the roster, please:
- Consider subscribing to OSCAR and getting involved in commentary.
- Ensure that your next report includes any new or updated information so that I can ensure that my information is correct.
Speaking of reporting:
- All group heralds and deputies to Crux are required to be subscribed to Blazons. Use your office email address and then it will be automatic for your successors. You can subscribe here.
- All group heralds and deputies to Crux are required to check their office emails regularly (at least weekly). This ensures they are up-to-date on what is going on.
- All group heralds are required to report quarterly. Missing two quarters is grounds for removal from office. I don’t want to do that. Details on when (and a link to the preferred template for reporting) can be found here.
- All deputies to Crux are now required to report biannually in February and August (the otherwise quarterly reports after Coronation). They do not have a template yet.
- All rostered heralds are now required to complete the Roster Details Form annually in May. Heralds who have not done so by the end of May will be removed from the roster.
Thank you all for your work. You are all awesome in my eyes … I just need more data, and I want my heralds to be the exemplar for officer behaviour in the Kingdom.
In service to the Dream, even if that means a little work,